Time: Approximately 9:00 am to 5:00 Thursday and Sunday and 9 am - 6 pm on Friday and Saturday.
Instructor: Jesse McCowan
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: The two online courses, Overview to Traditional Chinese Medicine and Meridian Theory. These courses are required for the Training Program.
Next class: August 12-15, 2021 in Stouffville, Ontario
This 4-day hands-on class provides hands-on demonstrations, practice and exercises for the acupressure session protocol, Association, Alarm, Source, Master points. Major meridian exercises, specific conditions and Assessment exercises.
Specific theory and hands on practice study includes:
- Yin/ Yang and 5-Element Theories
- 4 - Examinations - Demonstration and practice
- Acupressure protocol - Opening, Point work and Closing techniques
- Association points - location, assessment and energetics
- Source points - location, assessment and energetics
- Acupressure session, assessment, point selection & practice
- 5-Element Theory and use of Correspondence Chart
- Meridian system overview, demonstration, and exercises
- Location, flow, function, and attributes of each of the 12 major meridians and 2 extraordinary vessels
- Common physical and emotional issues associated with each of the elements and meridians
- Acupoints that can benefit these issues; their location, energetics and reinforcement of acupressure protocol and techniques
- Further use of Association points and addition of Alarm points
A Participant Letter providing directions to the clinic facility, suggested area hotels and clinic logistics will be emailed approximately 3 months prior to the class.